1.Japanese Kyoto University professor Kazuo Hori
- Revealed old Japanese government document containing contents of "Ulleungdo and Dokdo is irrelevant with Japan."
Publicly revealed "Year 1877 Daijo-kan(former Japanese council of state) order" which proves that Dokdo is Korean territory.
* Daijo-kan order : Ulleungdo and Dokdo are irrelevant with Japan.
During Russia-Japan war Japan had found new militaristic value of using Dokdo and forcibly included Dokdo as Japanese territory, and current Japanese government pointed out that its a territory invasion based on Japan's militarism.
Japanese historian Hideki Kajimura, former Kanagawa University economics professor
- Claimed that Japan's Preoccupancy of Ownerless Land Theory is de facto "Act of invasion on actual Korean territory" according to the international law
Japanese government made decision to incorporate Dokdo as Japanese territoty during Russia-Japan War.
* Japan's argument : Territory incorporated by Preoccupancy of Ownerless Land Theory ( meaning land with no people living in become owned by person who first discovers it)
5 years prior to such incorporation of Dokdo by Japan, according to the Korean Imperial Decree No.41, Korea has elevated Ulleungdo which had been subordinate to Uljin Prefecture to Uldo County and issued that Uldo County office shall rule over all of Uldo proper and its dependencies including Dokdo. The decree was published in Central Official Gazette and officially announced Dokdo as Korean territory in regard with international law.
Seichu Naito, Japan Shimane University emeritus professor
- Claimed "Japan has assured that they have no intention of possessing Dokdo by taking the measures of ban on crossing the sea near Ulleungdo in 1696"
Japan in Edo period and Meiji period, didn't express any intention of possessing Dokdo, publicly declaring that Dokdo is irrelevant with Japan
Mark Seldon, United States Binghampton University emeritus professor in history and sociology
- Announced "According to the San Francisco Peace Treaty, Japan has nothing to do with Dokdo."
After borders were settled according to the San Francisco Peace Treaty, the international community has continuously acknowledged the binding power of the treaty with no big alteration.
* San Francisco Peace Treaty : Contains regulations regarding settlement of territory bounds between nations after World War Ⅱ.
United States National Archives discovered a map that was used during San Francisco Peace Treaty which shows that Dokdo is excluded from Japan's territory
Jon M. Van Dyke, United States University of Hawaii professor in law
- Announced " There exists a record of Tokugawa Shogunate(Japan's feudal government) admitting Dokdo as Joseon(former Korea)'s territory in 1693."
In 1905 Japanese government argued incorporation of Dokdo as Japan's territory based on Preoccupancy of Ownerless Land Theory under international law. This shows Japan's acknowledgement that Japan did not have ownership of Dokdo before 1905.
Korea continuously had actual dominance over Dokdo since 1954.
Germany, Sueddeutsche press
- Rather repenting colonial rule over Korea, Japan is leaving alone the claims regarding Japanese ownership of Dokdo which is carried out by minority far-right groups.
Regrading Japna's claim over possession of Dokdo, Japan needs to accept korea's actual dominance over Dokdo. The reason Japan is continuously bringing up dispute over Dokdo's ownership is because Japan's politicians are not keeping distance from far-right groups but rather Liberal Democratic Party is sumpathizing with them. This is analyzed as since long before Japanese government has been captive of right-wing organizations.
Valery Glushkov, deputy director of Russia's Institute of the History of Sciences and Technology
- Russian Historical documents prove Dokdo as Korean territory.
As Japan surrendered World War Ⅱ, Dokdo is not owned by Japan.
Pointed out that Dokdo is not written as Japan's territory in the San Francisco Peace Treaty